Monday, January 19, 2009

Late

We had our first orchestra rehearsal of the spring tonight, and I'm exhausted. I forget how hard it is to leave Todd and Roo in the evening and get out, and once I'm in rehearsal my mind often strays back to Roo at home, because other than this weekly gig she's with me all the time. I'm so used to always listening for her, checking on her.

Last week's color week left out my favorite at this time of year. Being from Seattle, I'm used to green winters, and this is how I cope with the gray season here:

We have plants all over the house, and near the biggest window I enjoy this riot of leaves. There are a rubber plant and a dwarf satsuma tangerine here, and on a sunny day they make me so glad.

They're concealing the over-a-foot-of-snow on our deck.

No comments: