Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Flat

Again with the no-afternoon-light here today. The sky is gray, the snow is gray, the grass and trees are brown, the houses are brown and gray; Roo on the jungle gym is dressed all in pink. I try to avoid that, but it happens every once in a while.

We eat a lot of these around here. Roo likes them. Even when she is tired of bananas and apples, she will still eat pears. When she says the word 'pear' it comes out like purrr.

My mom gave me this calendar book for Christmas to record the coming year, and I have a lot of dreams about what I hope to write in it. It's filled with beautiful simple illustrations reminiscent of the advertising posters of the '20's and '30's. I could learn a few lessons from the art in there. So I think today's theme will be not flat, or gray, or pink, but pears.

No comments: