Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Bloom

This evening I sat down and drew for two hours. Besides quick sketches for our lino print holiday greeting cards, this is the first true art I've worked on since April 2007. I'm embarrassed to admit this fact. I've done little drawings here and there, but nothing big enough to mat or frame or add to the portfolio. I hope I can keep going on this and have a finished piece by the end of the month.

My cactus has bloomed for the first time! And the two days the flower was fresh it was cloudy and I had to use the camera's flash. How disappointing. Maybe we'll have better luck with the second bud and sunny skies.

Over the weekend I sat down, cut out fabric, and sewed Roo a pair of flannel lined corduroy pants. I modeled them on a pair we're borrowing from April, and I got lots of help deciphering the seams from Sarah, and I have to say I'm extremely pleased and proud of how they came out. Hopefully I can take some good pictures tomorrow to share.

No comments: