Thursday, January 22, 2009

Fancy Pants

As promised, here are pictures of Roo's new flannel lined corduroy pants.

A bit wrinkled from being folded in her drawer, but so soft, comfy, and warm. Let me show you what I made them on...

Here's my machine, a 1948 Eldredge Electric with a knee pedal, in its own pretty cabinet. I think that this was my Grandmother Rosemary's first sewing machine purchased after she was married. Todd did a wonderful job of cleaning and oiling it for me so I could try to use it again.

She still had the original instruction book tucked inside, along with a holiday card box full of wound bobbins and extra needles, and she had the full set of attachments for the machine, including a button hole finisher!

I'm just learning, so I didn't use any of the fancy gadgets and gizmos. Just straight leg seams, a casing for the elastic with a bit of the flannel up over the top, and hems that can be cuffed to show more of the big-eyed-owl print.

The fabrics on the left are more of the chocolate corduroy and a yellow farm-with-pink-pigs flannel; just enough to make her one more, larger, pair.

Now to get a picture of the pants in action...

No comments: