Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Lately...

We're sitting here listening to the start of the State of the Union address.  Let's see if I can get this fired off before POTUS starts talking.

Moo has lots of fun with our ladybug wings and Roo's bendy green ruler, which they both love to use as 'goggles.'

Did I post this already?  After Thanksgiving I finally finished the Jackson Hole landscape I was drawing for Todd.  It's from a photo he took on our visit there way back in 2005.  Sometimes it takes a while for an art idea to come to fruition.

And just last week I finally finished Moo's lap quilt.  I made it pretty much the same way I had made Roo's, but this time I used heavy-weight embroidery floss rather than hand quilting thread.

It finally(!) snowed here, and we got to try out all our winter gear, reacquaint ourselves with our snow shovels, and justify the purchase of a couple of sleds.  They are the first sleds I have ever owned and operated, guys.  In Seattle we always just slid on our coat-tails the once-a-winter that it snowed.

 I feel like one whale is still missing something.
 
 Two crabs could probably use a little something more as well.
 
I'm hoping this view turns into another colored pencil landscape soon. 

I really enjoy seeing this view, as well.  :)


This afternoon I sat down and whipped out a little colored pencil drawing of my scissors.

I really, really, really love my colored pencils.  They are probably the best art supply purchase I have ever made; I made the investment back during my senior year in highschool and got a 72 color set.

No comments: