Saturday, July 24, 2010

More Show-(off)-and-Tell

Back when Roo was a small babe, I got the itch to learn to quilt by making her a crib blanket.

I got started, and then got distracted, and then worked on it some more, and then wandered off to other projects, then picked it up again, only to drop it for something else.

Finally, this spring, I'd had enough. I didn't get it done in time for her third birthday, but I did finish it up shortly after that.

And I love it. It's hand quilted, with plain flannel as batting, and with a machine- and hand-sewn double-fold binding, inspired by the Follow-The-Lines Baby Quilt in Last-Minute Patchwork and Quilted Gifts.

Now I just have to get myself started on Moo's.

2 comments:

Astrid in Bristling Acres said...

What a darling blanket! I just adore the fabric you used. :)

tawathie said...

Thanks Astrid! More JoAnns. Mica's has blue and teal birds over it. i can't wait to get started.