Friday, July 16, 2010

Summertime....

My good friend Karen brought over some awesome popsicle molds she'd had when she was a kid, thus inspiring/requiring me to find a recipe and start making homemade popsicles. The first recipe I tried was a winner, so I just made another batch with leftovers from my (also a first) venture into the world of jam making. The strawberry freezer jam is still setting, so for now I'll share the new family summertime staple:

Strawberry Yogurt Popsicles

Combine
1 lb. strawberries, hulled and mashed (about 2 cups)
1/4 C sugar
2 Tbsp. water
in a small saucepan and bring to boil; simmer for 5 min.

Mix in
2 Tbsp. lemon juice

then fold in
1 C plain yogurt (homemade if you've got it, natch)

Pour into popsicle molds and freeze for at least 4 hrs.

(To loosen the molds, run them under hot tap water for a few moments.)

Enjoy!!!

2 comments:

Betsy said...

Made these for the fam, and we're all big fans. Thanks for the recipe!

tawathie said...

Glad you guys liked 'em. I saw a popsicle recipe with whole blueberries frozen in coconut milk that I think I'll have to try at least once, too.