Thursday, July 8, 2010

Where to Start?

Oh man, there's so much to share. Sewing, knitting, baking, cooking, CSA goodness, spring and summer activities, the garden, the basement... Think I can start posting regularly again?

So let's go back a bit.

First off, I made an origami paper ball mobile to hang over Moo's crib. It was Todd's idea, really, I just executed it.

Next, I made a boppy from scratch. I found a great free cover pattern online, and made a solid pillow and then a zippered, removable, washable cover. While I haven't ever used a boppy for nursing, I love love love them for when a baby is learning to sit up on his own, and they make great booster seats, too.

Then I made a new hat, out of some of my favorite bulky yarn.
Because I was completely bald in back(!)

I finished a Shalom out of some organic wool I received as a Christmas gift. But I've decided I want to add sleeves before the cool weather returns this fall. My first knitted sweater! w00t!

I made a soft toy for Moo. Knit in bulky yarn on size 10s, the tiny turtle becomes a perfectly-sized baby toy. This is my current go-to baby gift, since it is so fun to knit up.

I made some little bunnies for Roo for Easter. And I finially finished her quilt!

I was making a Citron for myself, but I sent it to someone who
unexpectedly needed its warmth and softness and beauty more than I did. It was my first shawl/lace project, and I learned a lot about yarn choice with this one.

I finished a sweater for Moo, big enough for him to wear this fall and winter and next spring. Big enough, incidentally, for Roo to wear as a 3/4 length sleeved cardigan right now. So I want to knit another one for her, maybe golden yellow with white stripes?

Now I'm about half-way through a Buttercup (Ravelry link) for me and a super-secret knitting project that I am very excited about.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the mobile. It's so cool.

I hope some day I'm as good a knitter as you are. :)

tawathie said...

Jen, it's been a long road to knitting know-how. But I like where I'm going with it!

Whoo-oo origami!