After a fun morning out meeting friends for a toddler program at the NMRMA, Roo and I scurried down to the studio for a little art time while Moo snoozed. But first I took a picture of the late afternoon sun streaming through the windows.
Roo flipped through our art book from the library and settled on a project. And I sat for a bit and thought about what I wanted to work on next. My little frog painting was an easy start, because I had already started it... months ago. Today was about facing down a blank white page.
Part of me thinks that this is a little bit cheesy-silly, but I wanted to make some number cards to go with a set of Eeboo alphabet cards we're hanging in the playroom downstairs. And since we were at the aquarium this morning, I was primed for a sea life theme.
So I made a list of numbers and matching animals and did a set of very quick sketches, and then I got started on number one. One whale. Here he is so far. Definitely needs some pop. I wonder where it will go from here?
I think it needs some orange...




No comments:
Post a Comment