Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Japan Quake Aid

I've been mulling this idea over in my head for a few days now, and though I've never tried anything like this before, I hope it will help encourage everyone to give what aid they can.

So here's my little plan.  I'm a stay-at-home mama, and I'd like to donate funds that I have 'earned' myself, so I would like to auction off a few pieces of my original artwork.  You receive something lovely for your walls, and we both feel like we are making a small difference in a big disaster recovery effort.

I'd like to begin by asking $50 for each of these pieces.  They are matted and are standard size for easy framing.  (They're both hanging in my home now, in simple black wooden frames.)

Apple Blossoms, colored pencil on red stock, white matted to 11"x14"


Poppies, ink and colored pencil on red vellum, white matted to 11"x14"
I'm not sure what kind of a reponse I'll get, (anyone???), so I'll leave this post open for a few days, and try to keep everyone updated on the status of each piece.

If you are not in a position to make such a generous donation, but are still interested in helping the quake and tsunami victims, (and in owning some of my art!), I could try making some smaller pieces, too.  Let's talk.  And if you want to donate to the Red Cross or another relief organization on your own, let me know and I will send you a small token of appreciation.

Thanks for reading.

3 comments:

Moosings said...

This is a great idea! I'll start it off by bidding on the first piece of art for the starting price. Best of luck with this!

tawathie said...

I have an opening bid on the poppies as well! Thanks Bonnie!

tawathie said...

And that's it, thank you so much everyone! Moosings wins the Apple Blossoms with a bid of $50, and, after a last-minute bidding war, the Poppies goes for $150 to a bidder who would like to remain anonymous. I deeply appreciate all the support you've all shown my aid project! Thank you and well done!