Thursday, March 3, 2011

Home-y Things

I finally got a chance to play with my Christmas gift to the family, a tile set similar to one I had as a child that I loved.  This one is bigger and has both trapezoidal and triangular pieces for more design flexibility and is made from bamboo with lovely non-toxic stains, and it is pretty much as awesome as it gets.  Todd made the patterns to the right.  I think he is hoping I will vacate the frame soon, so he and Roo can have another turn at creating a design.

 It is currently on display on top of Moo's new dresser, next to his valentine from Roo, and his Hawaiian doggy and elephant baby book from G'ma Carrell.

Here's the side of the room with his bed:

We also got him a new bookshelf, which is turning out to be a super addition to his room - broad and low so that he can access all his books and toys.  Here are the results of several happy minutes playing by himself in his room while I was getting Roo up and breakfast going:

While he naps, Roo and I have been folding window stars to replace last month's snowflakes and hearts.  Today is a grey day, but these still look lovely with the light shining through.
 
Off to check my simmering chickpeas, make hummus, a batch of granola, and start broiling some salmon and steaming some asparagus for dinner.

No comments: