Thursday, January 3, 2013

Beginning Again

It's back to school for Roo, and back to the studio for me during Moo's naptimes!


We had a grand winter break, with a big snowstorm at the beginning and lots of sunny, cold days at the end.  Perfect for sledding and snowshoeing and playing boardgames the whole lazy week between Christmas and New Years.








































Among other knitted gifts that I managed to finish in time for holiday gifting were these mitts for Roo's kindergarten teacher.  (I really like how they turned out, and want to crank out another eight pairs or so to give to various friends and relatives...  So much knitting, so little time...)

Apparently, I'm still thinking about mushrooms.  I gave my mushroom-varieties watercolor to my Mom for her birthday, back in October, and despite carving a new mushroom stamp for our Christmas cards this year, my first project back in my studio was starting this small painting this afternoon.


Not entirely sure where I am going with it, but I am enjoying creating in the studio again.


Also, a very happy and exciting note to all my local friends - I had a piece selected for a juried show running at Outside the Lines Art Gallery for Jan/Feb.  The artists' reception is this Friday, the 4th, from 7-9pm, if you want to stop by.  'Cause I'll be there!


Hope you all had a wonderful holidays and wishing you a grand start to 2013!

No comments: