Wednesday, October 31, 2012

A Poem for Halloween

hist wist


ee cummings


hist whist
little ghostthings
tip-toe
twinkle-toe


little twitchy
witches and tingling
goblins
hob-a-nob hob-a-nob


little hoppy happy
toad in tweeds
tweeds
little itchy mousies


with scuttling
eyes rustle and run and
hidehidehide
whisk


whisk look out for the old woman
with the wart on her nose
what she’ll do to yer
nobody knows


for she knows the devil ooch
the devil ouch
the devil
ach the great


green
dancing
devil
devil


devil
devil


wheeEEE


(I love ee cummings. Good stuff.)

Todd and the smalls carved pumpkins last night while I was at a Messiah rehearsal.


Roo wants to dress up as Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz. Moo just announced a few days ago that he would like to be a spider. Hope we can come up with something clever for that today... Stuffing a couple of pairs of my knee-high socks for spider legs seems like a good start...


'Grammmie,' as Roo recently dubbed her, came out for a week's visit and had to head back home yesterday. Boo. (And not of the happy Halloween kind.) Moo is climbing all over me for attention this morning.


This weekend I have a dress rehearsal and an orchestra concert on Saturday and a performance of the Messiah on Sunday afternoon, and I am also hoping to put together a submission for a juried art show at a local gallery that's due in late November. Moo got into the art studio and secretly added his own artistic contribution to the one piece on which I had spent several weeks' worth of precious naptime productivity. Repairs have not yet been attempted, and November starts tomorrow! I seem to have a full plate right now!


Happy Halloween, all!

No comments: