Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Chocolate Torte and another finished drawing

For a Valentine's Day experiment I made a flourless chocolate torte for the first time.  And it was amazingly delicious, so I thought I'd better share the recipe here.

Flourless Chocolate Torte:
from the HyVee Seasons holiday mag.

Preheat oven to 350' and
butter and dust with cocoa powder a 9-inch springform pan.

In a saucepan melt
1C butter in
1/4C heavy cream 
over med-low heat, then stir in
8 oz. bittersweet chocolate pieces
till melted and smooth; remove from heat.

In a medium bowl whisk together
5 large eggs
1C sugar and
1/4C cocoa powder
then whisk in the melted chocolate mixture.

Pour batter into prepared pan and bake until puffed and set, 35-40 minutes.  Allow to cool for 1 hour, loosen sides with a knife, then remove sides of pan.

Seems pretty foolproof to me.  Enjoy!

Also, yesterday I finished the trees and tracks colored pencil.  Here it is.
Trees, Tracks, and Trails, colored pencil, 9" x 12" 2/21/12
 Mid-week already!

2 comments:

Betsy said...

Beautiful drawing!

Becky said...

This really is appealing. It has an atmosphere. I like the realism abstraction combination. Good composition, tells a story. I like it a lot.