Thursday, February 24, 2011

Spice Muffins

I think I might have posted this recipe before, but these are Todd's favorite muffins and they do bear repeating. Especially since I've added one more super ingredient for added yum. Oats make everything better chewier, right?

Spice Muffins, take 2:

Oven 375'

Cream:
1/2 C (1 stick) butter, softened
1/2 C sugar
1/2 C brown sugar
Add:
1 egg, mix.
Add:
1 C applesauce (also works great with cooked, mashed squash or pumpkin or any kind of cooked, mashed fruit)
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon, 1 tsp. allspice, 1/2 tsp. cloves, mix.
Sift together:
2 C flour (I do half bead flour and half whole-wheat flour)
1 tsp. baking soda
Add to wet and stir till just combined.
Optionally add: 1 C rolled oats
and/or: 1/2 C chopped nuts (optional, but I bet pumpkin and pecans would be good!)

Fill 12 regular or 6 jumbo greased muffin cups.
Bake 15 min. for regular muffins or 25-30 min. for jumbo muffins (keep an eye on them, I've sometimes had the outsides get pretty toasty while the insides aren't finished baking yet)

Mmmm.

No comments: