I seem to be endlessly fascinated by the colors of shadows as they fall on the snow. Or maybe, being from Western Washington, I am just still bewitched by the novelty of a climate where sun and snow can coexist.
In any case, right now it is brilliantly sunny and -1 degrees Fahrenheit out, so sledding is out of the question. I know, because we tried it yesterday when it was 7 degrees out, and we lasted about 10 minutes. It is much more comfortable to just think pleasantly about it while sitting in the warm sunshine at my drawing table.
Wintertime is going much better for me this year, probably due in part to the wonderfully kind response I've been getting to my recent studio output. Thank you! It really means a lot to me, and has kept me happily occupied through these quiet, cold days.



No comments:
Post a Comment