Saturday, April 14, 2012

Spring has Sprung

I absolutely did not intend to disappear for more than a month.  But along came spring, Todd's trip to Germany, orchestra concerts and stargazing programs, three cases of pneumonia and one of bronchitis, getting the garden started, and other wild, crazy, busy, and good stuff.

I have a lot of March to catch up on, (and those photos of some of our kitchen table science projects, and a bit about our garden plans, and our Easter egg hunt....), so shall we just dive right in?

It's all fun when your two-year-old and your four-year-old decide they want to be dancers for a bit, with twirly dresses a must.  They raided Roo's closet and came prancing out like this, so pleased and proud of themselves.  Afternoon sunshine makes me want to dance, too.

March 2012: Roo and Moo play Legos for the first time.  Their world will never be the same.  :)

Thanks Grandma Carrell and Uncle Lars for sending out the box of all my old Lego sets, (and my robots and my microscope!!!)

Despite the introduction of novel new toys, I was surprised at how little art got done in the last month... perhaps I was too busy playing with my Legos?

Do you know the Beatrix Potter story about Mrs. Tiggy-Winkle?

I kept thinking I was done, hence the signature, way before I finally decided I WAS done.

But I got there eventually.

I also made a couple of really fabulous cream pies, if I do say so myself.  This one, the coconut cream pie, was especially delightful.  Yum!  P.S. hand-whipped meringue!

This might be really hard to see, but here's a watercolor of mushrooms just getting started, inspired by both Geninne's art and Alicia Paulson's photography.

And I started a rabbit sketch next, because it was almost Easter.

Moo is starting to work on his ABCs.

And I'm finally getting around to my Buttercup 2.0 - in a lovely blue-green Tosh Lace, colorway Wash.

Off to cook dinner.  Have a lovely weekend, all.

No comments: