Today I'm feeling very grateful for the chance to be a stay-at-home mama; it's 61 degrees out, cloudy and breezy, and the smalls and I spent two and a half hours bumming around the still-wintery yard, cutting back some of last year's growth, probing the mud with sticks and tracking through the garden beds, and playing on the whale teeter-totter and in the big yellow and red car.
Moo has fallen off the nap schedule this past week, but surprisingly, he's cuddled up in his bed right now, slumbering away. Roo's at the kitchen sink washing her and Moo's dishes and the silverware; we like this arrangement because it gives me a tiny break and it gives her and Moo the chance to play in the water. Generally, she washes and he rinses and then she helps him get it all onto the drying rack. See? We get by fine without a dishwasher. Really.
I got some new markers on Monday and haven't had the chance in days to sit down in the studio, so that is next up after I post this. Pictures soon.
I've been stuck on dinner ideas lately. Got any suggestions?
Also, I have a cup and a half of heavy cream in the fridge, left over from the flourless chocolate torte, and I'm wondering how to use it up. Scones? Or just whip it? Maybe this calls for an adventure into key lime pie making...?
And I played with my blog layout a smidge yesterday, while waiting for Moo to (not) nap.
Wednesday already?!?
1 comment:
I made a teriyaki chickpea dish the other night that was quite tasty. I can send you the recipe if you would like!
Post a Comment