I have, of course, made zucchini bread before, though lately our preferred method of dealing with summer's inevitable over-abundance is to make some kind of courgette curry. But I always like cake, so it seemed a logical extension of our zucchini repertoire. And what a cake I made.
I suppose I could also call this Not-Quite-Martha's-Zucchini-Cake, since it is another adapted MSL recipe from the Aug '11 magazine.
Here's what I did.
Preheat oven to 325'
In a medium mixing bowl whisk together:
2 1/2 C flour
2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground anise or fennel seed
and the seeds from approx. 6 cardamom pods (or maybe about 1/2 tsp. ground cardamom?)
In a large mixing bowl stir together:
1 stick butter, melted
1 C sugar
3 eggs
3 small zucchini, coarsely grated
1 Tbsp. lemon extract
Stir in flour and spice mixture and pour batter into an ungreased tube pan.
Bake for 1 hr 10 min.
And enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment