Friday, June 24, 2011

Nectarine Galette

Whew, bit of an extra-long blog vacation there...

I had some soon to be over-ripe nectarines in my fruit bowl, and finally took the plunge into tart making. I had a vague memory floating about that somewhere online in the indeterminate past there was a recipe for a Blueberry Nectarine Galette, so I searched from there and came across two recipes from the Smitten Kitchen that I mashed-up in true Hana fashion. And it was definitely a winner.


I followed the recipe in the second link, but using the first as inspiration, I made the following substitutions: In the filling, replace the 1 Tbsp. gound almonds with 1 Tbsp. unsweetened shredded coconut, and the 1 Tbsp. amaretti/ground almonds with 1 Tbsp. chopped candied ginger. Oh yes please. Delicious warm, with vanilla ice cream.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love Smitten Kitchen! Such good stuff! And that looks fantastic!