It was an interesting process, taking ideas and feedback and turning them into a piece of artwork that was my own, but that also reflected others' artistic vision and personality.
I hope that I was successful, and that my artwork becomes a treasured part of their home, as well as a lovely shared memory between my nature-loving friend and myself.
Back in late December, I started on a new drawing of wildflowers against a hazy sunset sky. That was put on hold to work on my friend's birthday tree, but I have finally, finally finished it up, after several interruptions and artistic missteps and a minor amount of teeth-gnashing and some deliberate use of my longest, sharpest, scissors. What began as this 12"x18" beauty,
became several smaller pieces and a bit of scrap paper,
but I think I salvaged this one rather well, considering at one point I wanted to throw the whole mess out.
February can be a tough month for a lot of reasons, but I've been trying (successfully) to keep myself busy and happy. I can tell the days are getting longer, the sunshine feels more deliberate, and mud season is looming on the horizon...
P.S. I learned my blue tree silhouette is hanging in the home of another local artist who was also part of the 'Trees' show, and who bought my drawing on opening night as a surprise Valentine's Day gift to his wife. Love that.







No comments:
Post a Comment