Friday, September 13, 2013

Where We've Been

For the past four months is Outdoors.  Absolutely as much as possible.  And even now, with school back in session and our days framed by a few firm numbers on the clock (8:20am; 3:05pm), we're picnicking at least once a week, and stopping by the park on the way home from school, and taking every in-service day and early dismissal as a chance to roam and ramble and wade.


And the family camera is behaving temperamentally.  So documentation has been light, as well.


But we've had a glorious summer.  And now, as the weather cools and the garden winds down, I hope to center my days around a bit of studio time again.  There are endless trees to imagine, and some more native moths and butterflies to explore, and maybe the flock of chickens needs expanding, and I sense some rumblings along the lines of heirloom vegetables, or maybe just some favorite local scenes.


Not to mention a fall crop of violin music-making opportunities.  And cozy, gift knitting, and a much-anticipated visit from Grammy come October.

I'm looking forward to it.

No comments: