Monday, December 19, 2011

Making

We're big big big fans of the handmade and homemade here, so I wanted to show off a project that Roo and I worked on last week to send out with our Christmas peanut brittle.

Project inspiration comes from here, via elsie marley; we decided to use old watercolor paintings of Roo's, and I pulled out my ancient case of embroidery floss from Jr. High (remember those macrame friendship bracelets?) for Roo to select from.

I cut the circles out and notched the edges, since the watercolor paper is so heavy, and Roo picked her floss colors and did all the weaving herself.





I think she did spectacularly, and I think the ornaments came out quite well.  Hope the Grandmas and Great Aunt agree!

1 comment:

Astrofan said...

Though it's a disputable source (a TV commercial), I think the quote "No mother has ever turned down a homemade ornament" is quite appropriate here. You guys are so darn crafty! They look awesome.