Thursday, July 9, 2009

Obsession

Over the 4th a friend shared some delicious strawberry yogurt scones with us, and as I have a failed batch of (not-quite-set-)yogurt to use up pronto, I did a little research and found a new recipe to try. And oh goodness, these things are sooo tasty, quick, and more than a little addicting. Think strawberry shortcake in portable form; not so sweet, not so rich, and just right for a morning or afternoon snack. I have 2 quarts of yogurt to use, and so far I've made 3 batches of scones, with no plans to stop now. I'm happily filling my freezer.

The recipe, snagged from here:

Oven 425
Makes 8 scones

2 C flour
3 Tbsp. sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. baking soda
4 Tbsp. butter
3/4 C chopped strawberries
3/4 C plain yogurt

Combine dry, cut in butter, fold in strawberries, then yogurt.

Turn dough onto floured surface and knead a few times. Press out into rectangle, fold into thirds, then double. Press out into 9" round and cut into 8 triangles.

Bake on a flour-dusted cookie sheet, approx. 15 min. or until golden.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That sounds fantastic. I think I know what I am doing tomorrow night!

tawathie said...

I should mention the dough is pretty moist and sticky, so be liberal with the extra flour when kneading and rolling out!